Recommended by 0 people
Response time: Within a day
Member since: 2 years ago
Completed Job: 0
Hi, I'm Serene. I graduated as a teacher from Australia some time back in 2014. From then on, I've taught in Singapore and Japan before returning home to Malaysia in 2017. In 2018, I decided to step out of the classroom and head into the corporate world in the field of marketing and advertising.
I started with copywriting and content writing for an education company, before venturing into social media marketing for a fintech and consulting company - which I am attached to today.
My specializations include:
• An adept writer in both short and long-form content
• Article proofreading and editing
• Social research, content curation and outreach
• Visual content creation using Canva
• I help startups build their social media platforms, gain followers and generate engagement from ground zero
I love curating content that brings value to people. Nothing satisfies me more than receiving a message or comment from a happy follower who compliments what I share.
4 Apr, 2019 - Current
Social Media and Content Lead
Synchestra Pte Ltd, Kuala Lumpur
Social Media Manager
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all relevant channels and ads)
- Comfortable with writing independently, designing strategies, hiring freelancers and coordinating projects with stakeholders around the company.
- Write engaging blog posts and articles using Wordpress.
- Drive traffic and engagement that translates to sales and brand promotion.
- Plan and manage a content marketing budget with relevant stakeholders of the company.
- Measure the results of marketing activity to inform future marketing campaigns.
- Manage a team of interns, outsourced writers and illustrators.
- Implement SEO best practices using SEMRush and Yoast.
- Design and implement creative marketing strategies to disseminate content.
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing, and both ATL and BTL advertising).
- Develop social media strategies and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement.
- Manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin.
- Conduct social research and social listening using SEMRush, community boards and forums prior to implementing strategic initiatives for social media content.
- Plan content and delivery and use tools like SEMRush to manage multiple social media channels.
- Develop and manage campaigns that promote your organisation and brand.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
Reason of resign
7 Jul, 2018 - 3 Mar, 2019
Advertising and Promotions (Acting Manager)
Q-dees Worldwide Edusystems, Petaling Jaya
Advertising / Media Planning
- Led a team of copywriters, videographers, graphic designers and a marketing executive.
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
- Plan the annual budget for the marketing department.
- Track program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms.
- Business planning and development with other head of departments.
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts.
- Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.
- Plan and coordinate the department's content calendar for social media postings on Facebook and Instagram.
- Edit, proofread and curate fresh content and copywriting for advertorial purposes.
- Edit, proofread and direct the copywriters' content and copywriting.
Reason of resign
Major in Education (Primary Education)
Education/ Teaching/ Training
2 Feb, 2010 - 2 Feb, 2014
Major in Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Business Studies/ Administration/ Management
7 Jul, 2018 - 1 Jan, 2020
Major in Certified Digital Marketing Specialist - Social Media
Professional Qualification Course
1 Jan, 2020 - 6 Jun, 2020
Major in Diploma of Humanities
Humanities/ Liberal Arts
2 Feb, 2009 - 2 Feb, 2010
Tools & Software
There is no review on this talent currently